1. Hear me, O man, and angels; from my words learn to be wise and deep perceiving. He who stand in darkness, see not; the time of Jehovih, none can comprehend. In the Light should be the delight of all men. But who practice to his highest knowledge? Before my days, time was no nearer the beginning of the universe than now. There were men who believed that with death all would be ended to every man; and Jehovih sent angels to prove them in their folly; and though they saw them, and talked with them face to face, many would not believe.
2. And in the lower heaven they were the same; they would not believe in a higher heaven. And though ethereans came to them to prove them in their folly, and talked with them face to face, yet many would not believe.
3. I searched the disbelievers, to understand their souls; and I found they were begotten in inharmony. They prided themselves in their wisdom; but that that they called wisdom was as a serpent in the soul.
4. Jehovih spake to me, saying: Hear your*** Creator, O My Son: In atmospherea you should appoint ten thousand Lords, with ten thousand kingdoms; and the earth and the inhabitants thereof should be divided between them.
5. And you should build a new kingdom in heaven, and call it Gau,1 and it should be thy judgment seat, with a Council of one hundred thousand men and women.
6. And all your*** Lords should be called Apollo! And they should inspire men to make images of stone and wood. And the images should have short arms and long legs; and nails instead of claws on the fingers, and well-formed mouths, with shape for motion of the cheeks.
7. And your*** Lords should find the loo'is who have been preparing these matters by birth; and the loo'is should lead the angels around about amongst mortals, finding the most comely-formed men and women and young children. And when they have thus chosen them, they should report the matter to the Lords, and they should send ethereans to those mortals who are selected, and they should be quickened by signs and miracles.
8. And it should be proven before all the nations of the earth, and their kings and queens and governors, that the comeliness of the forms are pleasant in My sight, wherefore I come to them. And those who are thus selected should sing and dance by entrancement; so that kings and queens should be overcome by the achievements. And those that dance should be made to float in the air, and sail about in the dance.
9. For I will turn the judgment of man to beautify himself; and, in so doing, he should learn to perceive beauty and harmony in My works.
1 Gau is also mentioned in the Vedic Scriptures as the home of the God, Sughdha.
1. Think not, O man, the Gods always deliver the nations of the earth in a day or by miracles. They go to the foundation of a matter; they make man a servant to help deliver himself. They stir up the nations in rites and ceremonies first; then come after, and appropriate the rites and ceremonies. And the women look on, receiving the spirit of the matter in their souls, the which entail''' on their offspring that which is desired by the Gods.
2. With the hosts of high heaven, unseen by mortals, the Lords stir up the whole world. In one generation, behold, a new race is born. Man is unfitted for dangerous war, and no longer the delight of drujas hanging around. And the drujas, and the familiars, turn from the peaceful earth (to them stale and unprofitable in bloody entertainments), to find their own petty kingdoms broken down and gone.
3. Be wise, O man, and you**** angels of earth! Hear the voice of thy brother, God of three worlds! I will tell you* a great secret: These are the words of your*** Creator: Man and woman are pro-creators! Whom they beget, are theirs, saith Jehovih. Not for a day, but forever! Take heed of your*** offspring, O woman! Take heed, O man! Wilt you be entailed with druj, to pull you* down? Wilt you choose offspring to glorify Jehovih?
4. Have not your*** people boasted, O earth? Have they not said: O the poor ancients! What of them? Will they turn away from the idols of Apollo, and set up on their own account? Can the people hand down a name and models to live forever?
5. So I founded Gau in the place Hored had been, extending over Jaffeth, Shem and Ham; and the rest of the atmospherean heaven I divided amongst my ten thousand Lords and Lordesses, whom I selected and ordained in the manner of the ancients.
6. And the Lords established themselves in kingdoms, both on earth and in heaven. And they inspired kings and queens to erect images in the temples, and the images were given a name signifying Harmony, Symmetry and Music (Apollo). And the names varied in many countries, because of the languages of the people; but the significance was that these three entities comprised the All Light, the Creator, Jehovih!
7. And mortals were taught by the inspiration of angels how to make the images, for there were no corporeans sufficiently perfect for models.
8. According to the perfection of the images, so were they reckoned favored by Jehovih; and the sign of Jehovih's approval was manifested in the time of the sacred dance given by the su'is selected; which was, if the whirling dance caused many women to fall down by enchantment, then was Jehovih pleased.
9. Hear me, O man. The enchantment of the women was what the Lords desired, for the impression of the soul of woman shape the unborn child.
10. Wherefore, they worshipped blindly before the idols, not being sufficiently wise to understand how Jehovih was laying down the foundation for the coming race.
11. O you**** of little wisdom, compared with the Lords of heaven! How you**** are puffed up in judgment, not knowing the race whence you**** sprang! Jehovih's Gods and Lords mold the inhabitants of the earth as clay is molded in a potter's hand. They set them up and show them the way, and say to them: Go!
12. And mortals go on a little while, like a young child that totter''' and fall'''. And again the Lords set them up; and man, in ingratitude, forget and deny his God.
13. The unseen angels lead man and woman together, and say: Marry! And they wed, and bring forth of the Lord. Then man inquire: What meanest thou: Bring forth of the Lord? But his judgment is under a cloud; he flatter''' himself that Jehovih created him, and then went away; and since then he hath been his own master!
14. O man, what is your*** folly! How has you found such cunning ways to put off thy Creator? What profit more hast you to put Him away than to try and perceive Him in all things? Why wilt you sing of man who is in darkness, and of the earth, which is but a fraction of the Great I Am? Hopest you not for wisdom, so that guardian angels may go away and rest?
15. Why should they stand over you* day and night, to keep away familiars and fetals and drujas? Who should close your*** mouth against falsehold, and your*** lips against cursing thy Creator? Hopest you not, O man, that a wiser age will follow? When should man learn harmony, symmetry and music? Who will hire a musician that forever put his instrument out of tune? Why should the Gods applaud men or angels who live not attuned to the All Highest?
16. Show me one who is as good as he understand to be; that live as wisely as his goodness desire he should. He will understand my words; I can come to him and inspire him with great wisdom. He will comprehend the love a God hath over mortals; and the patience of the toiling Lords and angels.
17. Hear me, O man! I will answer you* a great matter: The angels of heaven who are good, labor for those beneath them. This is their work, day and night. Think not that they go away to idleness forever. To the etherean, industry become rest; to those who have attained to be Gods there is spontaneous growth forever. Remember this and be wise. To the atmospherean and to mortals, idleness of soul lead downward forever! Remember this also, and be wise.
18. Behold the rose and the lily; they are perfect in their order. Being one with Jehovih, they painted not themselves. Let your*** soul practice with your*** Creator, and you should become one with Him, even His Son. Find you the symmetry of flesh, the symmetry of the spirit; the harmony of music,2 and consider wisely your*** behavior.
19. The star of Jehovih is within your*** soul; feed it, O man, and you, O angel of heaven, and it will grow to be a God! Rob it, or starve it, and you should remain nothing. It is weak and dim in the vain; it is bright and of great power in him who forget himself in laboring for others.
2 Music here refers to general expression or action; in other words, gracefulness in all things. The ancient Greeks gave a similar interpretation to the word music.
1. Jehovih spake in the light of the throne of Gau, saying: My Son, you has set the temples of earth wisely, and your*** ten thousand Lords have the voice of your*** Creator. But, behold, this dawn of dan hath but five years and two hundred days. The five years are already gone. Call together your*** etherean hosts, and they should report to you* who should be the successors to you* and your*** Lords. I answered, saying: Thy will be done, O Father!
2. So I sent messengers around about the world repeating what Jehovih had commanded. And I added also: When the time of dan is completed, behold, my hosts should assemble in Gau, from whence we should ascend to our etherean worlds. Let my messengers invite all the people in all the kingdoms of atmospherea to be present. And these things were done.
3. Now, of the ten thousand kingdoms of the Lords of heaven and earth of that day, many of them held their places within the corporeal temples of worship, having spiritual thrones within them, where the hosts of angels assembled to counsel on the affairs of mortals, and to advise with them through the prophets and seers.
4. Neither was there a temple in all the world for consulting the spirits and Gods but what was usurped by my etherean hosts. So that when kings or queens came to consult the oracle on matters of war or personal aggrandizement, my hosts answered them not to their own profit, but with the voice of Jehovih.
5. So it turned out, that when the chief false Gods and false Lords were driven out of the corporeal temples, they lost interest in mortal affairs. And I classified them and made new kingdoms in the lower heaven for them, forming them into confederacies. And they, too, became earnest workers to establish themselves in harmony, symmetry and music. And at the end of the time of hi'dan there was not one false God nor false Lord in atmospherea.