1. Esfoma said: I am the signs of the times.
2. By my face the prophets foretell what is to be.
3. I am the living mathematics; the unseen progress of things speaking to the senses of man.
4. My name is: THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES.
5. Why have you****, the inhabitants of the earth, and you**** angels of the heavens, not beholden me in my march?
6. I called out in the days of the pyramids: O you**** kings and mighty ones! Behold the signs of the times!
7. And you**** men of great learning, give ear; a voice speak in the wind!
8. Behold, Osiris and Isis should go down. Anubi should not judge the people of the Almighty!
9. I sent a storm into colleges of learning; the wise professors held up their heads and said:
10. I doubt the person of Osiris! I doubt Isis! Are they merely a principle?
11. The prophets looked here and looked there. They said: Behold the signs of the times! Let us measure the increase in the growth of skepticism to these ancient Gods.
12. They said: Osiris should go down; and so should Isis and Anubi, and Baal, and Ashtaroth, and Thammus.
13. But kings heard not; they called their councils for stern legislation.
14. They saw, but denied my person and the power of my hand.
15. Man call''' out: Give me a key for prophecy. Show me the way to find the destiny of Gods and angels and mortals.
16. Show me the key for the rise and fall of nations and empires.
17. Then I come forth over all the land. Man begin to doubt, then to disbelieve, and then to deny the popular Gods and Saviors of his forefathers.
18. They will not see which way the wind blowe; with strong arms and bloody hands they raise up against Jehovih.
19. Then they go down in destruction; they and their Gods are known no more.
20. Jehovih hath said: All things are like a tree; which spring''' up from a little seed to become mighty; which bear''' fruit for a season, and then fall''' and is turned to dust.
21. One by one My Gods, and My false Gods, rise up and are powerful for a season, and then are swept away in Esfoma's hands.
22. Behold My thousands of Saviors, which I have sent to raise up the inhabitants of the earth. Where are they this day?
23. I give to mortals Gods and Lords and Saviors; according to the time and place of the earth in My ethereans, so, bestow I them.
24. But when they have fulfilled their time, lo, I take away their Gods and Lords and Saviors. Not suddenly, nor without signs of the times of their going.
THE BATTLE WITH THE BEAST OF THE ARC OF BON.
1. Es said: The light of Jehovih touched on the earth, and the heavens about were stirred to the foundation. Things past were moved forward. His voice was from the depth of darkness to the summit of All Light.
2. Nations that had not known Him, now knew Him. Acceptable, and with loud rejoicings, they shouted: Jehovih! Jehovih! Almighty and Everlasting! Glory be to You* on High! Creator, Father! all praise to You* forever.
3. And Jehovih went far and near swiftly, quickening with a new power both the living and the dead. And the peoples raised up, and heard His voice from every corner, calling: Come forth! Come forth! O My beloved.
4. And in the stirring up of things long past, it was as if a cloud of dust and darkness, foul and poisonous, overspread heaven and earth, was to be cleared away and make room for other Gods and Saviors.
5. High above the clouds, and deep down in all the blackness, the All Light shone as the everlasting sun. The faith of men and angels rose up in unceasing assurance to the Most High, that He in matchless majesty, alone, would rise triumphant over all.
6. Jehovih said: Bring forth the legions of earth and heaven! Summon up the dead! Let the living rejoice! My kingdom is at hand.
7. And the dead came forth, clothed in the raiment of heaven; and they walked upon the earth; yea, face to face talked with the living, proclaiming the fullness of Jehovih, and his everlasting kingdoms.
8. Little infants that were long dead, returned to the living, full grown in heaven, singing in Jehovih's praise. Mothers returned from the unseen world with love and angel kisses for their mortal babes and sorrow-stricken husbands.
9. Then rose the cloud of darkness, higher and higher; the poisonous smell and damnable tricks of hada belched forth in blackness terrible. The spirits of those slain in war, delirious, mad, and full of vengeance; and those whose earth-lives had bound them in torments; and those who lived on earth to glut themselves to the full in abhorrent lust, came assuming the names of Gods and Saviors.
10. And yet the voice of Jehovih called: Bring forth the legions of earth and heaven! Summon up the dead! Let the living rejoice! My chosen should come forth.
11. Still struggled the beast, awful in the smoke and dust of his blood-stained mantle, till the earth around became as a solemn night before a battle of death. Rattling bones and empty skulls, with gnashing teeth, all stained with human gore, made hideous by the portentous omen, caused angels and men to stand appalled.
12. And then, as the cloud of darkness stretched up out of the earth, girdling it all around, as a venomous reptile secure his living food, lo and behold, the monster beast stretched forth four heads with flaming nostrils all on fire!
13. On each head were two horns, blood-stained and fresh with human victims' flesh macerated. Their tongues darted forth in menace, and their open mouths watered for human souls; and with suspicion mad, and much distrusted, their blood-shot eyes pierced the temples of kings, and laid them in ruins.
14. And the names of the beast, now falsely assumed, to beguile Jehovih's chosen, were Dyaus, Lord God, Osiris and Te-in; and their horns were named, one Righteousness and the other Militant.
15. With their four bloody mouths, they called out of the fires of hell: Down! Jehovih! Down! I alone am Savior of mortals and angels! I will be the favorite God, or ruin all!
16. Jehovih answered to His faithful sons and daughters, the living and the dead: Bring forth the legions of earth and heaven! Summon up the dead! Let the living rejoice! My kingdom is at hand! My chosen should be free!
17. The beast, rattling his hideous bones, bated some his breath to see the great awakening light of the tree of Jehovih!
18. And as the beast looked along, behold his four heads saw one another, and burst forth in a new tirade of horrid curses.
19. Each to know the others' bold presumption.
20. First spake Anuhasaj, the false Lord God, to the east: Behold you, Ho-Joss, thou bloody Te-in, God of hada, your*** heavenly kingdom should down. Know you that I, the Lord God, am God of all. It was I, drove the Great Spirit from earth and heaven, and made the name Lord God worshipful in the broad universe.
21. The false Te-in, mocking, said: And you wilt bury it in the depths of hell, you, of woman born.
22. Upward rose the head of the beast, the false Lord God, and with his mighty arm and sword, swept off the false Te-in's head. And as the beast surged about, Dyaus, the false, sprang forward, shouting, Hold! You false Lord God! Never should thy name be honored on Chine'ya soil or in her heavens. Behold me! I am Dyaus!
23. Ashtaroth, greedy Goddess, now urged her consort God, Baal, to rush in for the heavenly spoils. And the twain, in the terrible tumult, drew hence ten thousand million angel slaves.
24. Anuhasaj said to Dyaus: You miscreant God! That dared steal my name, De'yus, and now confront me with your*** hellish taunts! Down! Down!
25. At that their bloody swords clashed, and Dyaus thrust his adversary through, even as the false Lord God's sword clipt off Dyaus' traitorous head.
26. Meanwhile Osiris, the dragon-head, started up from the punctured body of the beast, shouting: Behold me! I am all! I, Osiris, Savior of men; Lord God of heaven and earth, Dyaus, De'yus, all! By my sword, I am sworn!
27. Ashtaroth, cunning Goddess, flew suddenly down to the earth, to the mortal king of Egupt, Pharaoh, and through the oracle proclaimed:
28. There is war in heaven! Osiris, thriftiest of Gods, hath won the victory, and stand master of all the heavens' broad kingdoms.
29. To earth he should come no more. Proclaim thyself the Savior's vice-gerent on earth, and king of the world!
30. Then Pharaoh, distracted by the flood of miracles and the superabundance of the spirits of the dead strolling over all of Egupt, embraced the oracle's fearful decrees.
31. And now, behold, whilst the beast struggled in the four quarters of the world, Jehovih's chosen, both on earth and in heaven, marched out of bondage, singing glory to the Creator's name!
32. And now, Osiris, the chief remaining head of the beast, turned from the anarchy and hells in hada, to vent his hatred against Jehovih's chosen on earth; and with Baal and Ashtaroth invented new tortures for the non-flesh-eating tribes of men.
33. But Jehovih's light broke across the world. The smoke and clouds from the battle cleared away.
34. Osiris fled from the earth. Another group of false Gods had cleared away before Jehovih's light.
1. Jehovih said: When the Gods have fulfilled their time in earth and heaven, behold I put them away.
2. And in the time of their going, behold, I open the doors of heaven, and I call down the angels and send them abroad over the earth. And the earth become overrun with miracles.
3. Kosmon said: Let the wise man and the prophet consider the signs of the Almighty! Two extremes forerun the change of the Gods and Saviors in heaven: These are, extreme disbelief and extreme belief. The one deny all Gods, and even the person of the Creator; the other become a runner after the spirits of the dead, consulting seers and oracles.
4. Esfoma said: These signs are my signs. When these come, behold, the Almighty hath a new deliverance on hand.
5. None can stay Him, or hold up the Gods and Lords and Saviors of the past against Jehovih.
6. I speak in the wind, and man saith: Behold, something is in the wind; the Gods are at work; a new light break''' in upon the understanding of men.
7. Out of the tumult, Jehovih rise Supreme in every cycle.
8. He lead forth a few who know Him. He found them as a separate people in the world.
9. Uz said: And in the time of Jehovih's triumph, I come and make myths out of the deposed Gods and Saviors.
10. Then I stretch forth my hand against the libraries, and houses of ancient records, and I destroy them.
11. And man is compelled to give up the things of old, and to look about him, and rouse himself up to the ways of the Almighty.
12. O that the prophets would apply my lessons of the past, in order to foretell the future.
13. Behold, there is no mystery in heaven and earth. They march right on; cycle follow cycle, as summer follow winter.
14. In the overthrow of the departing Gods, behold, there is the beginning of a new spring-time in Jehovih's seasons.
15. He plant''' a new tree in His garden; it is a tree of new light for the righteous.
16. His chosen go out, away from the flesh-pots of the past, and they have neither kings nor emperors; only the Almighty!
17. Into the wilderness they go forth, persecuted and beset on all sides by the followers of the mythical Gods.