1. The following are the books of Ka'yu, to wit:
2. OF THE CREATOR, the Great Spirit, Eolin, and His Creation.
3. OF THE PLAN OF CORPOREAL WORLDS, the sun and earth and moon and stars, and their sizes and motions, and their power to hold themselves in their places, by the velocity of rotation.
4. OF LIGHT AND HEAT and thunder and lightning.
5. OF THE UNSEEN WORLDS; the upper and lower heavens; the habitations of the Gods.
6. OF THE INTERMEDIATE WORLD, or lower heaven, which rest''' on the earth.
7. OF TE [Shang Te, or True God] who hath charge of this world and her heavens.
8. OF FALSE GODS, and their kingdoms in the lower heavens; and their power to catch the souls of men after death.
9. OF HELL, where the spirits of bad men are tortured for a long season.
10. OF THE HIGHEST HEAVENS, the Orian worlds, where the spirits of good mortals dwell in everlasting bliss.
11. OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF GODS, and drujas over mortals; how nations are built up, or destroyed by the Gods.
12. And these ten were such as in after years were recorded as the BOOKS OF GREAT LEARNING, and were made by the Sun Emperor THE STANDARD of the empire.
13. The following books of Ka'yu were such as were called, THE LESSER SCHOLARSHIPS, to wit:
14. AXIOMS [texts, or Ch’un’Ts’en] being the simples of problems.
15. THE PERFECT MAN (TAE), or HIGHEST REPRESENTATIVE.
16. THE MEAN MAN [that is, conservative].
17. PURIFICATION; to purify the flesh; and to purify the spirit (or soul).
18. DIVINATION; consultation of spirits; legerdemain; sar'gis; su'is; power of the spirits to give man dreams and visions.
19. MAXIMS, propriety, sincerity, rites and ceremonies, reverence to age, respect to the dead.
20. LOVE; to love the Great Spirit; to love the parents; to love discipline and industry; marriage; marriage for earthly sake being wicked; marriage for spiritual redemption of the world by generations of holier men and women.
21. BOOK OF HISTORIES, of Gods and Saviors, of kings and emperors, of wise men, of lawgivers, of the rise and fall of nations.
22. BOOK OF HOLIES, in six parts: Omnipotence, Worship, Jehovih's (Eolin's) Judgments, Progression, Reverence to the priests, and Obedience to the sacred commandment.
23. BOOK OF GEMS, also in six parts: Proverbs, Poetry, Morning and Evening Devotion, Association, in the family, the community, the state and the empire, Confession of Sins, and Praise and Rejoicing in Eolin, the Great Spirit.
24. Such were the twenty books of Ka'yu, which were the pith and cream of the eighteen thousand books of the ancients, together with all the light of the latter days added thereto. And in not many years, these also became the standard books of the Chine'ya empire.
25. And the Council of Ts'Sin'Ne came to a close, and the disciples of Ka'yu departed to their respective provinces, taking copies of the books with them.
26. God had said to his inspiring angels: Suffer not Ka'yu to know he receive light from heaven, for he should be as an example to men, to inspire them to perfect the talents created withal.
27. And it was so; and during all these years of labor, Ka'yu knew not that he was inspired.
28. And God looked upon the empire of Chine'ya, and he said: Behold, my son should write other books, but less profound.
29. And God inspired Ka'yu to write:
30. A BOOK OF FAMILY SAYINGS;
31.A BOOK OF ANELECTS;
32. A BOOK ON GOVERNMENT;
33. A BOOK ON LIFE;
34. A BOOK ON PUNISHMENTS;
35. And a BOOK OF INVENTIONS. And these were all the books Ka'yu wrote.
36. Nevertheless, his fame became so great that many men followed him about, even when he traveled into distant provinces, and they watched for the words he spake, and they wrote them down, and these were also made into books.
37. Because of the presence of God and his angels, Ka'yu saw clearly and heard clearly; nevertheless, his inspiration was God by proxy, and not like the inspiration of Chine, to whom God came in person, dwelling with him. Wherein, on many occasions, Ka'yu did things of his own accord, and committed some blunders.
END OF THE HISTORY OF KA'YU.
AGAIN OF THE TRIUNES.
1. When the Triune Gods perceived the great work accomplished by God, Jehovih's Son, in Vind'yu and Chine'ya, thus going to the root of the resurrection, they were sorely troubled for the ultimate prospect of their own heavenly kingdoms.
2. Ennochissa, Triune of Eta-shong, the heavenly kingdom over Chine'ya, sent an invitation to his two brother Triunes, to come to his heavenly city, to confer as to what should be done.
3. Accordingly, Kabalactes and Looeamong went to Eta-shong, where they were received in great grandeur, by one thousand million angels, and conducted to Ennochissa's heavenly capital and to his throne.
4. After due salutations and ceremonies, the Triunes all took seats on the throne. Whereupon the Holy Council retired from the presence, leaving only the Lords-in-attendance and the chief marshals within the crescent of the throne.
5. Ennochissa said: My brothers, peace be with you, because of my great joy for your presence.
6. Behold, Chine'ya, my earthly kingdom is being sapped in the foundation by the Ka'yu'an (Confucian) doctrines. What more will these people care for the Trinity? Jehovih is triumphant.
7. Kabalactes said: As you hast spoken of Chine'ya, so say I of Vind'yu: The doctrine of the Trinity is being entirely destroyed by the Sakaya'yan doctrines. Our heavenly kingdoms will lose their base of supplies for subjects. Jehovih is triumphant.
8. Looeamong said: My brothers, it is not my place to point out the mistakes of others. But you**** twain have built great heavenly capitals and palaces. Your kingdoms are embellished, as these heavens never were before, with magnificent cities.
9. Now, whilst you**** were thus building, behold, I went with my legions down to the earth to war. I have not only overthrown many of the false Gods and Lords, but driven the worshipers of Jehovih to death.
10. Therefore, I have done little to beautify my heavenly kingdoms; but I rest above fear and apprehension. Nevertheless, whatsoever you**** would, that I can do, to assist you out of your dilemmas, that will I do.
11. Now, after many suggestions and proposals, which were not accepted, Ennochissa said: As God, Jehovih's Son, hath taken an earthly course to insure his success, why should not we also?
12. Behold, let us seek out a number of mortals also, and through them, establish our doctrines with mortals.
13. Looeamong said: A most wise suggestion.
14. Kabalactes said: This have I seen, since a long time, would be necessary to accomplish.
15. Thereupon a coalition was entered into by the three Triunes to give to mortals forty-nine Saviors, in order to establish the Trinity.
16. Which labor should be accomplished within two hundred years.
17. And it was also stipulated, that the whole forty-nine Saviors should be put to death ignominiously in order to win mortal sympathy.
18. To accomplish which, the Holy Confederacy provided, that each kingdom should supply one million angels for the army of inspiration, and that the same doctrine should be enunciated through every Savior, raised up for the work. And, accordingly, the three million inspiring angels were selected, all being above grade eighty, and these, being in three armies, were provided with one general officer to each army, called captain of the hosts.
19. For Looeamong's hosts, Thoth was made captain.
20. For Kabalactes' hosts, Yima was made captain.
21. For Ennochissa's hosts, Satree was made captain.
22. Accordingly, these three, Thoth, Yima and Satree, with their three millions, were sent down to the earth, to cover it around about in their own way, to raise up amongst mortals the required Saviors.
23. And there were thus given to the earth, in the space of less than two hundred years, forty-nine Saviors, to wit:
24. Rita, Gibbor, Gaal, Efrokin, Gargra, Thules, of the house of Thules, Etrus, Gadamon and Shofal; and all of these were of Egupt, and performed miracles, such as healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, and hearing to the deaf, and raising spirits of the dead to life; and they preached the doctrine of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. And the angels inspired their enemies to put them to death, that their doctrines might be sealed in blood. And this was done.
25. Of the land of Parsi'e, the following men: Adakus, Mithra, Bali, Malopesus, Gonsalk, Hebron, Belus, of the house of Belus, Megath, Yodman and Beels. And these preached the same doctrines, and were also put to death in order to seal their words in blood. Some of them were boiled in oil; some given to the lions in the dens, and some nailed on the ugsa [wheel], and left to perish.
26. Of Vind'yu, the following: Indra, Yuth, Sakai, Withoban, Aria, Devatat, Chrisna, Laracqu, Hagre, Anathia, Jannassa and Janeirus. And these performed the same kind of miracles, and preached the same doctrines, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. And they likewise suffered ignominious deaths, through the inspiration of the angel hosts.
27. Of Chine'ya, the following: Sam Sin, Ah Wah, Ah Chong, K'aou'foor, King Shu, Shaou and Chung Le. And these performed miracles, and preached the same doctrines. And they were also put to death ignominiously, being killed on the fetes, in order to seal their doctrines in blood.
28. Of Heleste and Uropa, the following: Datur, Promethus, Quirnus, Iyo, Osseo and Yohannas. And these taught the same doctrines, performing miracles also. And they were killed on the fete in like manner, that their teachings might be sealed in blood.
29. Of Guatama, the following: Manito, Quexalcote, Itura, Tobak and Sotehooh. And these performed miracles, taught the same (Triune) doctrines, and were all put to death ignominiously, that their doctrines might be sealed in blood.
30. By the same army of angels that inspired these priests and magicians to miracles and the preaching of the Triune doctrines, were they also betrayed, suffering death by enemies who were inspired by the same angel hosts to that end.
31. Now so far as the Triune doctrines affected mortals, it related chiefly to war. The confederate Gods had said:
32. War for righteousness sake is just. We go to the earth to put swords and spears in the hands of the innocent and upright, saying to them: Defend yourselves! Establish yourselves! There is no Ever Present Person. All things were created out of the Holy Ghost. Depend upon yourselves. Rise up and be men, mighty to do the will of the Son, the Father and the Holy Ghost!
1. When God, Son of Jehovih, saw the work of the Triunes, he bewailed the ways of heaven.
2. Jehovih said to him: Bewail not, My Son, nor grieve for what they have done. But make you a record of their works; for mortals will preserve a history of this period, which should be called, the Era of Saviors. And it should stand as the darkest era in the cycle of Bon.6
3. But it should come to pass on the earth, that the Triunes will cut themselves off in a way they see not. For mortals will worship the Saviors. Whereupon the Triunes will become divided in their heavenly kingdoms.
4. So God bewailed no more, but prepared a new army of a thousand million angels, to go down to the earth, to provide for receiving the spirits of such as were sure to be slain in wars near at hand.
5. Of these hosts, Eyodemus was given command, and he appointed the following officers (to each hundred million), to go with him to wit:
6. Sogothwich, Yutempasa, Loo Wan, Thagaik, Maratha, Wein, Shuberth, Le Shong, Taivi and Duraya.
7. Nor did they reach the earth any too soon, for war soon circled the whole earth around, and every nation and tribe and people were immured in bloody carnage.
8. This period was practically the end of the good works of the Triune, but equally so the beginning of their mighty kingdoms in heaven, which were destined, ere long, to overshadow the whole earth.
9. The war, they set on foot on earth, extended into their own kingdoms. And these three Gods, the Triunes, saw, that only by might and desperate vigor, could they preserve their heavens from anarchy.
10. Five of the sub-Gods of Kabalactes, of Vind'yu, revolted within his own kingdom, and set up places of their own. And they falsely assumed the names of the Saviors, who had been put to death, in order to establish the Trinity.
11. Kabalactes summoned his remaining chief officers to Haractu, his heavenly city, before his throne. And when they were before him, he said unto them:
12. This is the emergency of the Gods. My voice and my strong arm are raised up. Miscreants, whom I elevated to official positions in heaven, have betrayed their trust. With their legions they have seceded, and set up kingdoms of their own.
13. I have called you before me, that you**** may jointly hear my decree, and obey. I will have order and harmony in my heaven. Neither should there be but one God in my dominions, even myself. It is my will, therefore, that you**** pursue these rebellious captains down to the earth, to their heavenly kingdoms, and despoil them utterly.
14. And if need be, you**** should capture them and their chief leaders, and cast them into hell. For they should understand that I am not a God of peace, like the Jehovihian Gods, but a God of war.
15. For this purpose, I appoint Yima as my Holy Embassador and Earth Warrior. And I give to him two thousand million warriors, that he may make quick work of my rebellious chiefs.
16. My marshal should select, therefore, for you*, Yima, the two thousand million angel warriors; and you should appoint your** own generals and captains, and go at once down to the earth regions of these miscreants, and carry out my commandments.
17. Yima and his hosts did as commanded, but not suddenly; for an angel war ensued which lasted forty-six years, before the five rebellious Gods were beaten from their strongholds. And, even then, they were not captured and cast into hell; but they escaped, taking half a million angel warriors with them, and they migrated to Uropa, to the city of Roma [Rome], where they established themselves in security. Thus the deposed Vind'yu Gods became Gods of Roma.
18. Immediately after Yima succeeded in clearing Vind'yu, Kabalactes summoned him again to Haractu, his heavenly seat, before his Holy Council. When he had thus come, Kabalactes spoke from the throne, saying:
19. Because my wisdom hath triumphed in heaven and earth, I now take unto myself a new name, BUDHA.7 And from this day and hour I should be called by no other name forever. And my heavenly place, my city and my heavens, should be known henceforth, forever, as Haractu, the Budhist heavenly kingdom, the All Highest Heaven of Heavens!
20. You, Yima, should repair again to the earth with your*** two thousand million warring angels, and establish me, as the Budha. By fire and by sword, by blood and death should you establish my name on the earth.
21. And you should find a way to teach mortals, that I was Sakaya, and Sakaya was and is the Budha, Son of the Triune, Son of the Holy Ghost.
22. Jehovih had said: Behold the time will come unto both Gods and men who deny My All Person, when they will espouse even falsehood for sake of their own selfish ends.
23. And Kabalactes should falsely assume, that he was Sakaya, and that Sakaya was and is Budha.
24. Jehovih spake to God, saying: Behold, he command himself to be called Budha. Now I say unto you*, suffer this also to be, neither accuse you him before heaven or earth of his falsehood.
25. Nay, but you should also henceforth call him Budha, signifying ALL KNOWLEDGE, for it is his choice.
26. So it came to pass from this time after, Kabalactes was called Budha in heaven. And his angel hosts under Yima, who descended to the earth, inspired mortals, both through the oracles and by direct contact, to call Sakaya, Budha, and Budha, Sakaya. And these things were so. And in not many generations, mortals forgot that they were two persons; but they accredited all things to Budha of the spirit, and all things of the flesh to Sakaya, although the whole matter was false in fact.
27. Wherein, it came to pass, that the followers of Budha professed peace, but practiced war and conquest, setting out by blood and carnage and destruction to establish Budhism in Vind'yu.
28. Jehovih said to God: Even this should you suffer them to do. For herein will they lay the foundation of the final overthrow of this false God, Budha. For they will put aside the Trinity of their own accord, retaining Budha and the Holy Ghost. Yea, they will ultimately teach, that Budha is itself but a principle, and that the Holy Ghost is but as nothing. They will say: War for Budha, and you should attain Budha, which should be followed by Nirvana, which they will also call nothing. And these things came to pass.
6 These are historical facts, within the two hundred years mentioned, no less than forty-nine Saviors were born on earth, and put to death.
7 The meaning of the word Budha is KNOWLEDGE or ALL KNOWLEDGE. We see here how a God or angel becomes false in fact. I have used the privilege here accorded to me to spell this word, as applied to this spirit, BUDHA, in contra-distinction from Budah, so the student might easily distinguish the false from the true. Therefore, where it is spelled Budha, it is the name of the impostor God, who assumed it. These are differences in spelling, which I made in order to prevent the too frequent use of the adjectives, false and true.