HISTORY OF SHALAM, FORMERLY CALLED “BOOK OF SHALAM.”
1. The Voice of Jehovih came to Tae, saying: Take your*** people and go whither I will lead thee, and you**** all should be blessed. Quite sufficient are these, to begin the founding of My kingdom on earth.
2. And Tae and his people went away to an unoccupied country, by the river Shalam, so-called because Tae had said:
3. I take the babes the Uzians would not have, and I come to a place where the Uzians would not live, and yet I will make it a place of peace and plenty; therefore it should be called Shalam.
4. And when they had pitched their tents and fed the children, Tae called them together that he might speak before them.
5. Tae said: By and through Jehovih, are all things accomplished, either directly or indirectly.
6. If directly, by His inspiration, then are all things well done, and in peace and righteousness and love and wisdom.
7. If indirectly, and through other inspiration, then, indeed, is man answered in disaster and unhappiness.
8. Foremost of all, must it be man's aim to receive light directly from Jehovih in regard to all things.
9. To do which, man must approach his Creator, in words and conduct, doing in practice the right which he perceive in judgment.
10. Now, therefore, from our youth up we have repeated the prayer: Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
11. Yet, not one of us put forth a hand to accomplish what we prayed for.
12. In which our prayers profaned the Almighty.
13. For had we been true in heart, we had taken hold in practice, according to our best ability.
14. In not doing which, we were false before Jehovih, and He could not answer our prayers in truth.
15. Moreover, we had said to one another from our youth up: As you**** would that others should do unto you, do you**** even so unto them.
16. Nevertheless, we served ourselves only.
17. We visited not the fatherless and motherless.
18. We sold not what we might, and gave to to poor.
19. We professed faith in Jehovih, but we manifested faith in money and in soldiers and warfare.
20. We had said: Love the Creator with all your*** soul and heart and mind, and your*** neighbor as thyself.
21. Neither of which we fulfilled.
22. Now, therefore, we were unrighteous toward man, and false before Jehovih.
23. In repentance and shame have we come out of Uz; because we could not fulfill the commandments whilst dwelling in Uz. Behold, we have come thence, to begin a new life upon the earth.
24. That our labor and our lives may be given unto Jehovih, with profit for the raising up of the race of man, and for the glory of the Almighty, let us covenant ourselves unto Him in fullness of heart and of soul and with all our mind, to practice all the commandments in fullness. What say ye?
25. The multitude answered with one voice: We desire to covenant with Jehovih, that our labor and our growth may contribute to the founding of His kingdom on earth.
26. Make you, therefore, your*** covenant with the Creator, and, that we may be in unison, behold, we will repeat with you* your*** words, that Jehovih may be glorified therein.
27. Tae said: Hear me, then, ere we make the covenant to Jehovih: In the heavens, the angels surround the heavenly throne with columns of fire and water; and all the space within the circuit is named, the PLACE OF THE HOLY COVENANT, and it is appropriated to worship and to sacred rites and ceremonies.
28. But places of amusement and of all other kinds of entertainments, not sacred in rites and ceremonies, are situated external to the Place of the Holy Covenant.
29. Now, therefore, in remembrance of Jehovih's heavenly kingdoms, let us mark a circular line around about this place, and march in procession, dedicating the enclosure to the Holy Covenant.
30. The multitude said: This is wise; by system and order and a place for all things, harmony will answer unto us. Lead you, therefore, the way, and we will march with you*.
31. Then Tae marched, DRAWING THE LINE OF THE SACRED CIRCLE, and the multitude, two abreast, marched after him.
32. Tae said: I draw the LINE OF THE SACRED CIRCLE unto You*, Jehovih. In Thy name I dedicate and enclose this, Thy PLACE OF THE HOLY COVENANT, to be Your** forever!
33. The multitude responded: May I remember Thy LINE OF THE SACRED CIRCLE, Jehovih, and comport myself within it for Your** honor and glory forever!
34. Within this place am I about to covenant myself to You* forever, as a laborer to fulfill Thy kingdom on earth for the resurrection of man.
35. Response: May I remember the little ones within this SACRED CIRCLE, whom You hast given into my charge, for whose welfare on earth and in heaven, I am about to covenant myself unto You*, to make myself an example and sacrifice before them during all my life.
36. Together: In remembrance of the pillars of light in heaven, that surround the throne of Thy Son, God of earth and heaven, we build here a hedge and a fence, as a lasting testimony that we dedicated to You*, Jehovih, the enclosed PLACE OF THE SACRED COVENANT.
THE HOLY COVENANT.
1. Then Tae and his hosts went into the midst of the Place of the Holy Covenant; and the hosts formed in a crescent, and Tae stood between the horns thereof.
2. And, whilst thus standing, Tae, being moved by the Light of Jehovih upon him, uttered the covenant, and his hosts, in concert, uttered the words after him.
3. And these words were called, THE HOLY COVENANT, even as they are to this day, to wit:
4. You, O Jehovih! As You hast declared Thyself in the Book of Jehovih!
5. To You* I covenant myself, to be Your** forever! And to You* only, O Jehovih!
6. And I abjure all Gods but You*.
7. And I abjure all Lords but You*.
8. And I abjure all Saviors but You*.
9. In this, Thy Place of the Holy Covenant, do I covenant myself unto You*, to be only Thine, and forever!
10. My corporeal body, I dedicate and covenant unto You*, to be in Thy service during all my life.
11. Because You madest it out of Your** own material, behold, it is Your**.
12. The workmanship is Your**; the material is Your** also.
13. I have no claim upon it; unto You*, and for Thy service, do I resign it forever.
14. Into my charge You gavest it unto me, as the habitation of my spirit.
15. Because it is Thy gift, I will care for it, and keep it clean and pure, before You*, that it may be acceptable to You*, and to the presence of Thy holy angels.
16. My spirit I also dedicate and covenant unto You*, to be in Thy service forever.
17. My mind and soul, I dedicate and covenant unto You*, to be in Thy service henceforth forever.
18. My whole self, whereof I am made, soul and body, dedicate and covenant I unto You*, to be in Thy service forever.
19. Out of Your** own self madest You me, soul and body, and they are Your** only, to be used by You* forever.
20. Appropriate You me, O Jehovih, my corporeal body, and my spirit, my mind, my behavior and thoughts, to be of profit to You*, for founding Thy kingdom on earth.
21. And I covenant unto You*, Jehovih, I will search constantly into mine own every act and deed and word and thought, to make myself true in the practice of Thy highest Light upon me.
22. That henceforth, forever, I will search to find the highest Light, and I will practice the same toward all men, women and children.
23. Unto them will I not only do as I would be done by, but more; I will do for them, with all my wisdom and strength, all my life.
24. I covenant unto You*, Jehovih, that, since all things are Your**, I will not own nor possess, exclusively unto myself, anything under the sun, which may be entrusted to me, which any other person or persons may covet or desire, or stand in need of.
25. Neither more will I talk of myself, either in laudation of what I am, nor of what I have done; but You should judge me, and hold me accountable for shortness in word and behavior, wherein, by any means, I may manifest self-esteem or covetousness for fame, or the applause of men, even for any good I may have done unto others.
26. Neither more will I censure nor criticize, nor blame, any man, or woman, nor any child over fourteen years of age, as an individual, in all the world, for any shortness in word or deed they manifest.
27. For they are Your**, Jehovih, and not mine, to be led or driven by me.
28. To all these Faithists, my brothers and sisters in Thy kingdom, will I deal and think and behave, in affiliation, as gentle and truly as were they my own blood and kin, brothers and sisters, or father and mother.
29. And over these babes, which You hast entrusted to me, will I be as loving and true as were they mine own blood and kin, sons and daughters.
30. According to Thy Light, which You mayst bestow upon me, will I raise them up to know You*, and to be a glory in Thy kingdom.
31. First of my teaching unto them should be, to make them know You*, and to remember that Thy eye is upon them, and Thy hand above them, to bless them according to their wisdom, truth, love and purity.
32. And I will teach them the way of the communion of Thy angels; to develop them in su'is and sar'gis.
33. Teaching them to live for the spirit within, rather than for corpor.
34. Teaching them by books and instruments.
35. Teaching them useful trades and occupations.
36. Teaching them music and worship.
37. Teaching them dancing and gymnastics.
38. And, in all things, developing in them all the talents You hast created in them, that they may grow up to be an honor and a glory on the earth, and to rejoice because Thou hast created them alive.
39. And I will emancipate them from infancy at fourteen years of age; and bestow upon them the rights of man and woman, to their thoughts, words, deeds, choice and actions.
40. Throwing upon them, at that age, their responsibility unto You*, for their thoughts, words, ideas, and behavior, as fully as I claim the same unto mine own self.
41. And now, O Jehovih, that this, Thy kingdom on earth, may be known and distinguished from the habitations of the Uzians, we make this our solemn oath unto Thee:
42. We will not, now, nor forever, make war, nor engage in war, nor take any part in war, for any God, nor Lord, nor Savior, nor country, nor king or other ruler on earth; nor will we aid nor abet war in any way whatever.
43. Neither will we, now, nor forever, eat fish nor flesh of any creature You didst create alive.
44. And we swear unto You*, Jehovih, in regard to these our babes, which You hast given unto our keeping, to found Thy kingdom on earth, we will raise them up to abjure war, like unto this our oath unto You*, and to practice not the carnivorous habit belonging to the Uzians.
45. Neither will we use, nor permit to be used, in Shalam, any intoxicating drink, nor weed, nor root, nor gum, nor any other drug, for the contamination of human flesh by intoxication or for stimulation unnaturally.
46. Make us strong and wise, O Jehovih, in this our covenant and oath unto Thee, for Your** are the honor and the glory of all things, time without end. Amen.
THE COVENANT OF THE BROTHERHOOD.
1. Now, when Tae and his hosts had made the covenant with Jehovih, behold, the Voice descended upon Tae by entrancement, with the holy angels of the God of heaven and earth, and he said:
2. Whosoever Choose Me, I choose in return.
3. Whosoever serve Me, I serve in return.
4. Alike unto like, created I the adaptation of angels and mortals.
5. As you**** have drawn a corporeal circle around My kingdom, behold, My holy angels have drawn a spiritual circle around you.
6. As you**** have dedicated to Me, so do I dedicate to you, to serve you in holiness and wisdom, by angels from the throne of My God.
7. As much as you**** have come to raise up My little ones, I will come to you, through My angels, and raise you up also.
8. As you**** make My little ones wise, and useful, and to rejoice in their lives, so will I minister unto you.
9. As you**** are covenanted unto Me against war, and to establish the practice of peace on earth, so will My hand be over you in this My kingdom, both on earth and in heaven.
10. And as much as you**** are come to found My kingdom on earth, even so have I opened the kingdoms of the second resurrection in heaven unto you.
11. Proclaim it in the east and west and north and south, My kingdom is founded on earth.
12. The Voice departed, and then Tae, in his own wisdom, faced to the east, and he said:
13. Hear you****, hear you****, O mortals and angels, Jehovih's kingdom is founded on earth!
14. Then Tae faced to the west, saying: Hear you****, hear you****, O mortals and angels, Jehovih's kingdom is founded on earth!
15. Then Tae faced to the north, and said: Hear you****, hear you****, O mortals and angels, Jehovih's kingdom is founded on earth!
16. Next, Tae faced to the south, saying: Hear you****, hear you****, O mortals and angels, Jehovih's kingdom is founded on earth!
17. And Tae made the SIGN OF THE CIRCLE TWICE CUT, and his hosts answered under the sign, JEHOVIH’S DAWN.
18. And, now, the Light of Jehovih came upon Tae, and, of his own accord, he said:
19. Without a covenant of brotherhood, behold, we are like an unorganized school without a teacher.
20. As satan, in the management of his soldiers for war purposes, hath demonstrated the advantage of power through discipline, let us be wise in the Father's kingdom, by discipline also, but in peace and righteousness.
21. Unity can not be achieved but through order and discipline and rites and ceremonies and words.
22. Power is obtained more by concerted oneness of purpose than by anything else under the sun.
23. For which purposes, let us become organic for the founding of Jehovih's kingdom on earth.
24. So that, henceforth, we should be a unit before the world, guided by Jehovih to the single end of establishing a community that can practice His commandments in full.
25. And, though we may fail in some measure, let us remember the generation we are raising up should have more advantages and practice; and their successors should also advance still higher.
26. Ultimately, all the world should attain to peace, virtue, plenty and wisdom.
27. Already are we covenanted to live our all highest light, and to practice it.
28. How, then, should we become organic, and still have no leader or overseer?
29. The highest wisdom in the state, or in a community, is not with the majority, but with a small minority.
30. The highest wisdom, which is the highest light, should guide the individual and the community and the state.
31. Now, therefore, let us divide ourselves into groups of tens.
32. And each group should select its wisest man, as speaker, and his title should be Chief.
33. And let the chiefs be a group also, and they should select a speaker, whose title should be C'chief.
34. Let the business within the colony be divided into as many departments as there are groups, one to each.
35. But let the united business of the colony, in its relations to the world, and to sister colonies, be in the care of the C'chief and the other chiefs.
36. Now, behold, in the kingdoms of heaven, when a matter is announced, requiring the Holy Council's action, each and all the members who desire, speak thereon, giving their highest light.
37. And, after that, the chief give his highest light, which is the decree.
38. So let it be with us.
39. And it should be discovered in a short time who is the highest light, not only of each group, but of all the groups.
40. And whosoever is chief, should be held responsible for the errors or shortness of his group; and whosoever is C'chief should be held responsible for the shortness or errors of the whole colony as such.
41. Who, then, knowing that what is bound on earth is also bound in heaven, is willing to bind himself unto these heavenly laws for the sake of Jehovih's kingdom on earth?
42. When Tae asked this, the whole of the multitude answered: In Jehovih's name, I bind myself in this also.
43. Tae said: Then, in Jehovih's name, repeat after me:
44. In the name of Jehovih, I bind myself to the C'chief's decree; and I bind myself to the chief's decree also, and I bind myself in the brotherhood of groups.
45. When they had thus repeated the words of brotherhood, Tae said: Let the hosts form in circle, facing the centre.
46. When they were thus formed, Tae went round the circle on the inside, going with the sun, shaking hands with each one as he passed, saying: Welcome, my brother (sister), in the Brotherhood of Faithists; with you*, I covenant to be your** equal and obedient servant, to whom I wed myself both in this world and in the next, for the resurrection of man and the establishing of Jehovih's kingdom with mortals.
47. Then, after Tae, the next one on his left went round the circle also, shaking hands, and repeating the marriage words of the brotherhood.
48. And so on, they went, until all of them had completed the Covenant of the Brotherhood.
49. Tae said: I salute you all under the sign, JEHOVIH’S NAME.
50. And they answered, by his instruction, in the sign, MANY IN ONE.
51. The Voice spake through Tae, saying: Whoever, hereafter, should join My kingdom, should repeat My Covenant and the Covenant of My Brotherhood, before the C'chief and the chiefs and before My chosen, in the manner you**** have done before Me and My holy angels.