BON’S BOOK OF PRAISE.
1. These are the words of Bon: You, O Jehovih! Who can fashion You* with words, or show Thy immensity? Where stood Thy feet in the time of Creation or rested Thy hand!
2. You Present and Afar! You Who are older than time, O Jehovih! You Dealer in worlds; where can I write the wonder of Thy name!
3. O That I had a standing place to see You*! That I could come to an understanding with My Creator! To find wisdom for my song; a dialogue in the words of the Almighty!
4. Sing to Him, O Yavist, you farthest star, and your*** boundless firmament! And Neopodis, you**** brightest shining heavens, which He created. Give the boundary of Jehovih's Person, O you universe!
5. You that made me! By Thy sweet breath overspread the world with life and song. How should I render You* praise; in Thy glory make my speech acceptable!
6. Who hath considered the All Light, or found the Cause of the brightness of the sun, Thy great symbol? Or the power of Thy hand that stood him in the midst of heaven?
7. Or know the times of Thy labor and the birth of your*** worlds? Or count''' the stars You hast created! Yea, or know the history of the least of all of them?
8. O that I could fashion a thought of Thy greatness; or conceive the breadth of Thy arms! You Whole Compriser! You All Perfect, Jehovih!
1. Sing unto the All Giver, Jehovih! Praise Him, O all you**** people, with great rejoicing. And all you**** living that dwell on the face of the earth.
2. And you**** young that are skipping and playing; and you**** birds that carol to the Almighty. His seed is sown abroad. His fruit spring''' from stones that are moldered to dust.
3. In the waters of the earth, and in the air above the earth, Jehovih hath spoken: Come forth and live, O you**** that swim, and you**** that fly in the air. The Great Spirit hath touched the fountains of the deep.
4. The air of heaven is peopled with His breath. The song of everything that live proclaim''' You*, Jehovih. You Person of all persons.
5. O that I could sum up the multitude of their songs and rejoicings. What a world of testimony in Thy praise! All my life I would sing them over and over.
6. You Quickener unto life. You All Father. Who hath counted Thy inventions and the multiplicity of Thy living creatures?
7. Open the way, O earth, for the songs of His beloved; give ear and rejoice because of the glee of His household. They should dance forever before the Almighty.
8. Stir them up with love and caresses, O Father! Show them the splendor of Thy creations, perfect in the glow of Thy firelight.
1. O You, Jehovih, give me words rich in Thy praise; my soul is like a fountain springing up out of the earth.
2. I would look upon You*; into Thy face, O my Creator, who take away my breath by the awe of Thy countenance.
3. You, who fashioned the broad earth and the high heavens! O, the works of Thy hand, Jehovih!
4. Where should I start with my song unto You*; or find words to laud the Almighty?
5. Proclaim His Unity, O my beloved; proclaim Him, in one breath, together, O all ye people. Jehovih! Jehovih!
6. O that I could magnify words to Thy Omnipotence, or hold up the perfection of Thy Person in fine speech!
7. But I am as one distracted by the over-whelming scene. My words cripple and halt continually before Thy surprising creations.
8. O that I could find a starting point; or knew a way to make rhymes and meters without rules, like the works of Jehovih!
1. Almighty! Almighty! Love Abounding! Who gathered up the dust of the earth, as a wind, with judgment and forethought; and sorted the substance thereof and shaped it.
2. None but You*, Jehovih, looked on or knew Thy proceedings. And to one Thou saidst: Be you a beast of the field; and to another: Be you a serpent; and to another: Be you a wild beast of the forest.
3. And they ran forth at Thy command, every one to his place, rejoicing in the work of Thy hand. And I looked thereon, O You Almighty! What work of perfection in each, even to the flesh and bones.
4. But You turnedst mine eyes inward, and I saw the wisdom of the serpent and the beast; and the thoughts and desires of their understanding, how perfectly You hast made them.
5. I saw the love You gavest each unto its own kind; yea, even the serpent gathered up her young, because of her love, to shield them from harm.
6. O that I could find the first Cause of the judgment of every living thing! To come close to the Almighty; to question Him!
7. You Who shapedst a moiety of earth, and said: Be you a bird, with feathers! Fly and sing! And it went forth, upward in the air of heaven, rejoicing in Thy name, Jehovih!
8. To another: Be you an eagle; in ice and snow freeze not; above the clouds proclaim the Almighty!
1. Sing unto Jehovih, O all you**** living! Proclaim His love, which He gave unto all! Every one, that lovest to live on, to die not.
2. O the weeping and wailing, when your*** kingo down in death! Thy call unto the Almighty to prolong yet a while the time of your*** love! or to hear the song of him that is dead!
3. In Jehovih's praise is the wail of your*** anguish; your*** great sorrow, the love of the Almighty; the fountain of song and paradise. Sing on, O earth, Jehovih, forever!
4. O that I could answer them, Jehovih! that I could show them Thy fullness, which encompass''' the universe! To show them the testimonies of the thread of Thy love!
5. I will have my discourse with You*, You Ever Present! In the harmony of Thy loves will I immerse my soul! You, the Fountain and Source of my contemplation.
6. You, Who are all; my Creator, Who gavest me judgment and perception to search into the magnitude of Thy creations.
7. Who should frame a song, or find words to laud the Almighty! You are the Throne and the Empire. Thy footstool, the sun and moon and stars!
8. O that I may prolong my vision of You*, and pursue the thread of Thy creations to the fountain-head. You, without a boundary, where all things utter Thy praise forever!
1. Sing unto Him, O you**** mountains; and send unto Him the sound of rippling waters, O ye valleys!
2. And all you**** singing winds of heaven! You**** whistling wind, on the high mountains, and you whispering breeze on the plain!
3. Praise Him, you lightning, and you peal of thunder! Rend ye the air of heaven in Jehovih's praise!
4. Sing to Him, you surging river, and you moaning sea of waters! He play as on the harp, with the dumb elements.
5. His strains are mighty! His tunes are the hum and whir of falling waters. Sing to Jehovih, O you**** great water-falls!
6. Chant you**** everlastingly, and write His name in the bow that perish''' not, forever.
7. He that tune the forests to sing in the clouds; that string''' His instrument with hemlock and pine and cedar.
8. Who make the forests beat time to His strains. Praise you**** Jehovih, forever and ever.
1. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you sea of lands. You**** boundless prairies, that stretch out to the horizon, to the rising sun and to the setting thereof in a sea of fire.
2. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty. Praise Him, O you**** towering mountains, you**** mighty walls of heaven! And you everlasting snow, shining like diamonds in the sun.
3. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** colors that overspread the heavens. You**** clouds of purple and yellow and burning gold, and in flames of fire.
4. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** green meadows and you**** waving fields of wheat and corn. And you**** ripened harvests that beckon and wave like sheets of gold.
5. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** far-off Blue Mountains, and you**** defiant Black Hills. In somber hue and silent majesty, proclaim Him! Eternity! Eternity!
6. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** Rocky Mountains. In the long wall of your mightiness proclaim the power of His hand and great majesty!
7. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** Sierra Nevadas. In your everlasting snow and mighty forests. Your fearful hanging rocks, above the clouds!
8. Praise Jehovih, the Almighty! Praise Him, O you**** great rivers, that gallop down from the Alleghanies, the Rocky Mountains and Sierra Nevadas; that travel so far to the mighty oceans.
1. Proclaim Him, O you**** Andes and Cordilleras, stretching avast and on high, ye monuments of the Almighty!
2. Praise His majesty, O you**** Himal Layas, and you**** Akai Shine, you**** foot-prints of Jehovih!
3. Praise His greatness, O you**** Thia Shan, and you**** Tapa Ling, that feed the Pacific, the Daughter of Jehovih.
4. Sing unto Him, O all you**** mountains of the earth; proclaim His power, which stood you up by the touch of his hand.
1. Where is a God like unto You*, Jehovih? Whose kaleidoscope is millions of suns!
2. Whose breath blew upon you*, O earth! And your*** voice joined in the songs of the stars!
3. Whose breath blew upon you*, O Earth! And your*** fire was congealed, and the heat run low!
4. Praise you the All Person, Whose mighty hand stayed the fire! And cooled the flaming earth.
1. Sing to the Almighty, you**** heirs of Zarathustra, whose flesh was the food of lions.
2. Sing to the Creator, Zarathustra's Almighty, the Eolin that spake in the wind.
3. Sing to the followers of the Great Spirit! The Zarathustrians who forfeited their flesh and blood for Him.
4. Sound loud His name, the E-O-Ih of the Zarathustrians, that sang Him on high!