BOOK OF SAPHAH.
Plate 59. OUTLINE MAP SHOWING THE LOCALITY OF PAN, THE SUBMERGED CONTINENT.
Plate 60. OUTLINE MAP SHOWING THE NAMES AND DIVISIONS OF THE EARTH AS USED IN THIS BOOK.
Plate 63. The Tree of Language.
China, India, Europe and America, the four branches of the earth, languages from one root. What was the tree, and where grew it, that none can find it? Where lie the submerged continent, the forgotten world? Whence escaped the struggling mortals, to float to far off continents, and tell the tale in all lands of a mighty flood?
PAN, (of language) the first guttural sounds approximating words.
POIT, beginning of labial word-sounds.
HUIT, first acquiesced language.
FUS, first written word-signs.
YI-HA, combination words.
ABRAM, first words; original text.
FONECE, following the sound, but not the signs. (writing)
EBRA, the old; the sacred.
ARABA, (first Egyptian also) 'Teeth and thorax.'
ALGONQUIN, after the sacred name E-Go-Quin.
Plate 61. TRANSPOSITION OF LANGUAGES.
Panic, Yi'haic, Vedic, Hebraic and Sanscrit Primaries.
Plate 62. SE'MOIN.
1. Ah, the earth (Panic). Pan, da, sa, the ground; the foundation (Panic). N'ah (Poit). Thah (Kii). Pan (Iz). Sas and 'Asa (Zan). Edama (Fonece). Adama (Ebra). Rd'han (Vede). Bu'ha (Sanscrit). The first name applied to earth; as a man in looking forth saith, Ah! Ha'd'n (Chine). Wh'ah (Algonquin). Written with a straight line horizontal.
2. Oh! the sky, the canopy over (Pan). Oh'ah (Kii). O'shak (Fonece). D'yo (Vede). N'yo (Algonquin). As a man would exclaim looking upward. The vault above the earth.
3. Esk, earth and sky, third combination. One corporeal world and its canopy (Panic). I'dek (Poit). Ex (Fonece). Ska (Algonquin). The near world.
4. Esak, the kosmos. The all world, the sun and moon and earth and stars and all the skies (Panic). Erak (Hiut). Erat (Fonece). Eret (Ebra). Ad- (earth). Oh'm (skies). (Poit) Ja'sak (Vede). the fourth combination. Beyond measure. Jagat (Sanscrit). A'sah (China).
5. Ea'yo, from below forever, from upward forever (Panic). E'do (Bakie). M'yo (China). She'go (Algonquin). U'do (Vede). Udoche (Sanscrit). Upward and downward forever. None can measure the extent.1
6. Hoi, the penetrable and impenetrable; the create and the Uz (Panic), Joy or Woe (Gau). Oi (Zerl), Yoih (Vede). A ray of sunlight is Hoi; it destroys and it creates; man's speech is Hoi; it can heal or poison. Uz'hoi, poison (Vede). Git'hoi, good healing (China). Ang'hoi, medicine man (Algonquin).
7. Druh or druk or drug, that that lead to destruction; the four dark corners of the world, north-east, south-east, north-west and south-west. The temple is sacred to the south and north and east and west. The serpents and devouring beasts come to the arena from druh (Panic) cross-purpose, evil purpose; cruv (Vede), a serpent-like evil, druhk, evil spirit, (Vede), druj, evil destroyer (Poit), druja, sign of death (Channic), cross-bones; danger from unseen spirits, an X, ex or drux. Ug or ugh (Algonquin), ugly (English), at crosses, angular. The place of the evil Gods in the ceremonies. The four quarters of the world are good; but the four corners are evil.
8. Eoih, the unseen Power, Creator (Panic). Before man could comprehend the All Spirit he was taught the wind, the All Unseen, and to call it E-O-Ih! The emblem of Boundless and of Life.
9. Eloih, synonymous with E-O-Ih, the Creator, the person who move the wind. The All Soul. The All Self. The Second Self, more subtle than the wind. It is the circumference of all; it extend from left to right, and from below upward. The motions of the hand and arm in oratory. The hand and arm speak His name. It is the secret sign. It hold the emblem of life (Panic and Gau). E-go-quin (Algonquin). Je-oes (China), Je-ovih (Fonece), Je-hova (Ebra), Geo-zih (Hiut), Zi'o (Vede): The soul of all. As the emblem is the Living Wheel, I swear by it. Let my accusers say I have not the holy gifts. They should bind me on the wheel. The GREAT SPIRIT will release me. Let the wheel of My name be by the roadside that he who pass''' may turn it in remembrance of the I AM. This should be a prayer from the unlearned, and I will hear them. [Zarathustra]
10. Susa, the Complete. Without evil the All World would be incomplete; spirit of Corpor; Spirit of Es (Panic). Soo'a (China). Lu'la (Hiut). Hiss-tu-oh (Fonece). The wheel hath both good and evil. It hath the leaf of life. The priest should be proved on the wheel. If he be released he is holy. If he be not released he is unholy and should perish. Though an evil man die by the wheel it is not bad for him. Only the man that love Jehovih fear''' not to have the wheel roll over him. Druk-a-naw (Vede). Drujiy-ho-gan (Semak). Jaugernacht (English). Su'sa, living death (Chine).
11. Druk (Panic), earth evils. Poisons, plagues. Rosh (Fonece), snake poison. Poison lurk''' on the earth. Ruks (Algonquin and Kii). Ruts, the time of females (Ebra). When the signs are down, be you**** patient. Usk, the outer covering is evil. Husk (English). All flesh is druk (evil). Hoey'e (Chine).
12. Gan (Panic). Ghan (Chine). Egan, mankind (Chine). Edam and Edan (Fonece). Adam (Ebra). Puam (Sanscrit). Pam (Vede). Sam, speaking animal (Kii). Samuel, prophet (Ebra). Gang, rich land-owner (Chine). Ang (Algonquin). Anger (Poit). Ong'ee (Kii). Man (English).
13. Uh'ga,2 the test (Panic). If the Es release him then is he our true prophet. He hath sworn by the wheel; he should be tried. An oath; to swear by the ALL I AM. Ish'ga (Chine). Duk'ah (Poit). Eh'la (Fonece). Alah (Ebra). Isch'bu'ah, pledging by (Hebrew). Uk'gak (Algonquin). He should be proved on the cross, the druh, and he die not. Let him answer on His name that that he hath professed. If he be a false prophet he will fear Uh'ga (Test). False prophets' bones hang on the druh, the cross. The true are released by Eolin.
14. Uh, evil spirit (Panic). Yuuh (Poit). Kuuh (Fonece). Kuach (Ebra). The evil that is above us. Yu'gi (Chine), evil spirits who love evil. Zi-uhk (Vede). Useh (Kii). Huuh (Algonquin).
15. Fome, wind (Panic). Foam (Chine). Ome' Eri (Algonquin). Evil wind, Ruak (Ebra). That that speak without lips, fume (Vede). He fumes, Ome (Ku).
16. Yote'a (Panic), water. Voet'i (Kii). Vo'ti and Va'ti and Va'rs (Vede). Go'taw and Gota'Weri, morning water (Algonquin). Yot'Yaw (Hiut). Hoy'ah (Fonece). Hoy'am (Ebra).
17. Dang, light (Panic). Hi'Dan (Kii). Orang (Fonece). Orah (Ebra). Ang, ji (Chine). Ang'ni (Vede). Ag'ni, fire-light (Sanscrit). Ong (Algonquin), spiritual light. Yong, daylight (Hebrew).
18. Ha'k, dark (Panic). Hark (Chine). Pa'h (Poit). H'ark (Kii). Kah (Fus). Kasha'k (Fonece). Chasah (Algonquin). Kasha'k (Ebra). O'Yak (Vede).
19. Sa, the cross-bones. The sign of an evil man that died in evil (Panic). The evil cross, the English letter X. He was bound on the wheel, and perished. There was no All Holy in him. Let this mark be branded on his forehead, that all men may know he is a false prophet. He rotted on the wheel, Sa'h (Vede). Sahan (fus). Let this be a sign of evil spirits. He'sa (Algonquin). Sa (Ebra). Sa'd, to wither (Sanscrit). This should be the sign of war. It should be on the banners of the righteous. They should go forth shouting, Isa'b! (Ebra). Die, Sa (Chine). Death, Sa (Kii). Let us perish for righteousness' sake rather than do evil. [Abraham.]
20. Su, an enlightened man; also Augh (Panic). Su (Chine). With the gift of prophecy, Su's (Ebra). I proclaim in the name of Eloih, Soo! (Kii). Shu (Algonquin). He would not kill a worm, Choo (Vede). He stand between us and the All Light; T'su (Gau). Su'chi, perceiving by the Unseen (Sanscrit). The interior bright, Soo (Fus). One who can not sin, Su (Onia). The purified Son.
21. Oke, a house (Panic). Oak (Chine). Okel (Fonece). Ohel (Ebra). Oik (Kii). Hoik (Gau). Oikon (Hellic). Croke (Vede). Koik (Aribanya). Oikos (Greek). Teach my people to have homes (Oke); the migrant is an abomination to the All Eye (Aham).
22. Hiss, serpent's word. He make noise like the wind. Who can distinguish between the voice of Eolin and the hiss that kills? From the two evil corners above, the hiss descend. His food is of the earth. That that tempt''' to the earth is hiss. The hiss that crawl''' have I made as an emblem of the hiss that teach''' lust (Panic). Hiss (Chine). Hees (Algonquin). Cvees (Vede). The sign of treachery, of poison unseen. A danger that man can not heal. First I made poison air; from that I made poisonous weeds, and from them I made hiss; to crawl on his belly commanded I him. The lowest made I him; he bit''' himself and die therefrom. [Abraham.] The sum of evil is to be its own destroyer. [Confucius.]
23. Sam'tu, triangle (Panic). The sign of Corpor and Es and Eolin. Also the Soul-light, Eolin, the Corpor light, the Sun, and the burning flame. Also an instrument for measuring.
24. Fui, a square, a box. A sign of righteousness (Panic).
25. Sui (Chine). Tu'fong or Sam'fong (Panic), a measure with two lengths and one angle, Yu'on (Vede).
26. Guz, hypothenuse, a line from the top of an upright to a distance from the base of the upright. Guys (Panic). The mean between upright and horizontal. Gui (Kii). Zy (Vede). The man who is not upright and yet not all evil. The mean between Su and Hiss. Kur (Algonquin). Zhi (Chine). Dji (Huit). All men are Dji. An angle of support, a sign, a line, a rope.
27. Sarji, sarguz, a pyramid (Panic). My sides guy, but I am the centre shaft. The temple was built east and west and north and south, and the four corners representing good and evil were square with the world. The sacred house of Eolin, Bar'ji (Fonece). Bar'nah (Ebra). Gaw'hi (Algonquin). Yah'hy (Vede). A building with chambers for spirit communion.
28. Gau,3 a measuring instrument; a plumb and level combined. Gau said: They gave my base a level, and the sights on the angle of the plumb-line were level also, and in the distance of Tek Gos (about twenty miles) discovered the rounded earth. By the Gau was the earth proven to be a globe. By Gau have I revealed (Vede). A proven problem. An exact. Gau, a geometrical language. Language is of two parts, the proven is Gau, the unproven is M'gau. A sacred instrument; that that can not err. My sacred temples should be built by Gau. Dau'sin (Chine), plumb-line. Ann'ak (Fonece). Ahm'uk (Ebra), a plumbline. A Gau'Yi should be placed by the altar. By the Sign Gau'i should man learn to prove all things (Vede). It should be the symbol of proof. Be patient that your sight may not err, saith Gau.
29. K'Sam, tripod (Panic). Symbol of earth, water and air. My three are one; without these three nothing can be born into life. Ka'Sam (Chine). Ya'Sais (Vede). Yo'ham (Algonquin). The stool of the prophet. Only on the tripod should the oracle proclaim. (Aham). The origin of the term Aham, the language of oracles. A language with two or three meanings. Sacred language of Aribania.
30. Puh, to pull, a cap-stone (Panic). The stones of the temple should be drawn up with a push (Poit). Zuz (Vede). Uuh (Fonece). Uhe (Algonquin).
31. I'che, trowel (Panic). Chu (Chine). Hi'che, trowel or ax, or hatchet (Algonquin). Yi'che (Vede). My hand is a wood hand. I make even; and I should be a sign by the foot of A'Kin. The temple is the work of my hand, but who know the Hand of the Great Spirit. His hand is over all. (Perah). A lazy man should not have me for a sign, saith I'cho (Kii).
32. Tu'fa, a compass (Panic). An instrument to measure circles; circumference without any part of a square.
33. Inqua (Panic). Hin'Kwa (Zerl). E'm'wak (Algonquin). A thing within a thing. The es that is in corpor, the soul that is in es. Three within one, Ma-nee-to (Algonquin). The earth within the vortex. Equa, swift flying, equation (English). Race-horse (Chine).
34. I'su (Panic). Ie Su, a young child that has not sinned. The true cross within Eloih. I'e'su (Aham). Child prophet (Aham). Ye'loo (Kii). My I'su should have no flesh desires. His love know all men and women alike. Gee'soo'gan (Chine). Iesu, one who is born sexless.4
35. Uhk'sa, the evil cross (Panic). The written sign of Sa. (See Sa.)
36. Git, the moon (Panic). Git the moon (Chine). The second light Egs'git. She send forth Egnita (Algonquin). Git'mas, corporeal moon (Vede). Eg'nit (Poit). Egnitero (Algonquin). The moon of E-o-quin. G'uit (Kii). Git'm'gow', the moon much receiving; the gentle moon, she send forth the gold light, the or (Ebra).
37. Git'ow the sun (Panic). Git'how, the sun (Chine). The central light. Let the sun stand to the corporeal world as Jehovih stand to the All Unseen. He, the Gitow should be on the beam between the pillars as a symbol of my power. As he bring''' forth grass, so bring I forth the souls of men. He send forth Karang'kwa, the All Heat, Haw'git (Algonquin). He send white light, or H'wit (Ebra). Or, the corporeal sunlight; Git'fume, the driving (Aham). M'Git (Kii). Hog'git or git-hog (Aribania).
38. Sang or Sa'ang (Panic), stars. The small shining that send forth the Ogistok, i.e., the twinkle. Anga (Algonquin). Seng or Seng'sope (Chine). Eng'ho, the twinkler, i.e., Kokab (Fonece). Hy'ang (Vede). The far-off worlds, Esk'ang (Poit).
39. M'git5 (Panic). The prophet took triangles and laid them separately before the king, Oss, and the prophet said, E,-O,-Ih; E,-O,-Ih, twice, and straightway, the angles were interlocked, and lo and behold, nothing had been broken. And Oss, the king, said: These should be hung up in the temple as a testimony before men that the Great Spirit is with my people. His light should be my light. (Vede).
40. Git's'ang (Panic) sacred, star. Two triangles of different kinds of wood interlocked without severing, by spirit power (Uz). Let my prophets prove themselves by the sacred star, and they should sit on the K'Sam and be oracles in my kingdom. An emblem of a miracle kept over the altar. Also called Yoke'eng (Chine). Yope'amg (Algonquin). Let him conjure the sacred star. A starlight evening. Less than moonlight.
41. Ex (Panic). Two or more against each other, collision. Life against death, or sour against sweet, or bad against good. The supposed opposites in all things. Egs (Poit). Egs (Algonquin). Egs (Kii). Egks (Fonece).
42. M'git'ow, morning, sunrise (Panic). Dawn, M'git'ow (Algonquin). Tigiatow (Vede). At dawn fly away the evil spirits; at dawn come the shining, full of holiness (Kii). The wise man hath found Git'm'ow full of cow, i.e., receptivity, and Tau, the bull, i.e., forcegiving. He make a book at dawn. The seventh heaven come in M'git'ow, the morning light (Poit).
43. Hi'dang, high-noon (Panic); the sun at noon. Let the Hi'dang be an emblem over my altar. He is the glory of the day as is the Great Spirit of the soul world. As you**** bow before him do it in remembrance of Him that you**** see not. He is of my body and life, and as much as you**** glorify Him, so will I, Eolin, the Creator, glorify you**** in the heavens above (Gau). See to it that you**** worship not the corporeal sun, but glorify my works in remembrance of me. Keep this symbol covered, save on the days of sacrifice, lest your enemies accuse you**** of worshipping corpor. (Chine).
44. M'hak (Panic). M'hock, or Mo'ock, or Mowk (Algonquin). O'Shak (Fonece). Koshek or Chosek or Chasheck or Choshek (Ebra). Night, darkness. The time of the Es'win ceremonies. Let us meet privily on the mountain-top in Choshek; the angels require it of us. Chosek (Hebrew). Ta'ren'zewagon, in some Luwick. Not having mountain-tops they met in Ta'rew'ze, the swamps, and had the Es'win. Ta'ren'zewagon, became a law for M'hak (a tribe of Algonquin). When the drouth destroy let the faithful hold Narshka on the mountaintops, and the rains will I send from heaven (Sanscrit). Ah'shah (Kii).
45. Work or wark (Panic). Vortex, whirlwind. Sark (Poit). Sa'ark (Gau). Ru'ark (Fonece). Ruach, Searah (Hebrew). Yi'ah (Vede). Who'ohk (Algonquin). Who should find the cause of work? I am at work continually. As I have set the work, the whirlwind, before men's eyes, so before the host of the long-risen do I make and dissolve worlds (Aham). The Es labor, work (English) labor. The whirlwind is labor, per se, i.e., without hands.
46. V'work (Panic). The sign of Es at labor. The make of a corporeal world. A corporeal world within a whirlwind.
47. Yot'ang'd'ang, water, earth, air and ether (Panic).
48. Ka'fom'ji (Panic), earth, lower heaven and upper heaven.
Plate 64. ONK, or ZODIAC.
49. Onk (Panic). Sun belt of the earth. That portion of the earth subject to vertical rays. Onk, direct. Owk, oscillating. Onk gave I unto you that you**** might behold the glory of summer, the fragrance of spring, the beauty of autumn and the snow of winter. Study the ant and the bee; they comprehend Onk. The lazy man should learn Onk (Poit).
50. Sed, (Panic), the sign Aries, or, in English, letter T. The sign of wisdom; of gentleness. Sed, a lamb (Kii). A man's nose and eyebrows. The man who win by love, gentleness. A'sed (Poit). Ahed (Fonece). Aheb (Ebra). Aheb (Hebrew). And Sed rose up on the third day after the creation of the world and stood above the sun. The Great Spirit, E-O-Ih, said: This is My Son. The corporeal sun you**** can behold at high noon, but My Son Sed stand above this. All that are gentle and good draw''' he to My kingdom, Nirvana. Do not unto another what you**** would not desire done unto you, or you**** should not behold My Son Sed, who stand on My right hand. The earth is Mine, saith Sed; by love will I redeem it. Ay'sed (Vede). A sheep with a woman's face; symbol of love. Gently, or gentleness. Let or Leat (Ebra), or as a lamb speak. A'nah (Hebrew). ba'ba (Chine). Hy'sed (Vede). Sed (Aribania). A name signifying gentleness and wisdom. Written sign of a lamb or of the nose and eyebrows of man. A symbol of stars and zodiac. Let this be the season to bring together male and female. They should go to the altar and consult the voices of the stars through my prophets. Whoever hath Sed in him return''' good for evil (Chine).
Plate 65. ARIES.
(See also Book of Jaffeth).
51. K'git, new moon (Panic). Watch you**** for the new moon and glorify the Great Spirit that He may prosper ye. Ka'git (Chine). It should be a holy day of rest.
52. E'git (Panic). At the change of the second quarter of the moon is the relief watch of my angels who abide with mortals; let that be a holy day of rest.
53. M'Git, the third quarter (Panic). A holy day of rest. Let my chosen keep the four holy days of rest during each moon, for on these days do my guardian angels change the watch. The incentive given by the spirits to mortals to make mortals observe and learn the planets. Sub'da'don, a holy day (Panic). The day of the moon's change. Sub'da (Fonece). Sabbath (Ebra). A moon's birthday. Because of four quarters to each moon, so do I give to you four Sab'da, which should be days of worship. (Abram).
54. Tau, a bull, a projector (Panic). Sign of a bull's head and horns. As the prophets interpreted so should the king. Tau (project). His edicts are Tau, bulls. Opposite from Sed (Aries). Opposite from cow (receptivity). Tau, e.i., Osiris, is oft confounded with Aries, a God of the lower heavens.
Plate 67. TAU.
1 See pronunciation, page 604.
2 ORIGIN OF THE SIGN OF THE CROSS. — The prophets were bound on a wheel, to test their spirit power to be released. The wheel is the symbol of the sacred name, E-O-Ih. These wheels are still to be seen by the roadsides in part of China and India. The origin of the jaugernacht; also the origin of the cross-bones; the sign of those who perished as false prophets, being unable to be released by spirit power.
3 The measuring instrument, Gau, is a triangle with a plumb-line suspended from the upper angle. On the plumb-line proper is a cross-bar, on which there are sights for the observer. At a distance of a few miles' sight it was discovered that the earth declined below the level corresponding to the perpendicular, and that the declension increased in declension in proportion to the distance sighted.
4 See Christian Bible, Matthew, chap, xix., v. 12, in regard to natural-born eunuchs and others.
5 The feat of interlocking two rings is now known to many Spiritualists. By the ancients, this feat being accomplished without disintegration, the double triangles so locked were placed in the temples of worship as sacred.